Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Adventures in Knitting - Post 2

One day Julie and I were out shopping. We happened upon a local yarn shop. When we went in we were shocked at the many different types of yarn. We didn't know they weren't all made of acrylic and sold at Walmart. I fell in love with the softness of alpaca, but it was very expensive. But, I'd been working alot, so over the course of the next month, we shopped alot...........

We bought alot of yarn to work with. I even ordered alot of alpaca and alpaca blends off the internet. Shopping was the easy part of doing a project.



Since I didn't know what I was going to knit, I bought alot of needles, of all different sizes. I now know that this was the part of knitting I was really good at....buying stock :)




These are the first scarves Julie and I ever knitted. I taught her to knit in about 10 minutes and she took off like Seabiscuit after that. I knit more like the Pony Express under constant Indian attack.



This is the first scarf Julie knitted for Cassidy. We didn't know it, but she was actually knitting backwards. It ended up pretty, though.



This is the first blanket Julie crocheted. She did it in one week. It is crocheted in a soft Bernat Satin yarn.



Tomorrow I'll continue the Adventures in Knitting by showing you what I've completed since Fall, and what Julie has accomplished. Hint: Julie knits faster than a machine.....I don't.

2 comments:

  1. "These are the first scarves Julie and I ever knitted. I taught her to knit in about 10 minutes and she took off like Seabiscuit after that. I knit more like the Pony Express under constant Indian attack."

    I laughed really hard at this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures, you make knitting sound like so much fun....I wish I had a daughter!

    ReplyDelete