Friday, June 17, 2011

Contentment...

Contentment is often misunderstood today. Many people think of "Happiness" as being the same thing as contentment. It is not...happiness is dependent on outside factors. You are happy when things go your way. You are happy when your marriage is peaceful and loving. Contentment is having joy and peace no matter what the circumstances. It is accepting that God, in His sovereignty, has deemed that this is where He wants you to be.

Philippians Chapter 4 is a great biblical reference for contentment. I am meditating on this chapter during the month of June. These following versus clearly show that contentment is learned. Phil. 4:12-13:

I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things
I have learned to be both full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (NKJV)

This is contentment! We are not naturally "Content" people. It is learned. Job, in all his calamity and sufferings, learned to be content in God's sovereignty and mercy. Ask God to help you to be content where He has you. There is nothing wrong with planning for your future, but make sure you are living each day in contentment no matter what your circumstances. We don't live in yesterday, or tomorrow, we live in today. Make this day count for Christ. Live, Love, and Serve, the One who gave His Life for you.

Today when I woke up and looked out onto my deck, and saw my garden...I was amazed at how it has grown. I hope Christ feels the same way when He looks at my life.



Here are some of the fruits of my labor. May God be as pleased with me, when He sees the Fruit in my life for Him.







May I always strive to live with contentment. In all things, may I be content and trust in God, whose mercy and love abounds forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment