Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It's Not Summer Yet????

I know it's technically not summer yet...that will happen next week. But at my house, summer has already arrived. For the past two years I've had an adult child return home during the summer. This year one arrived a few weeks early, but has arrived nonetheless.

It's been hot as the middle of August. Our official temperature hit 102 degrees during last week's heatwave. I've personally been sweating for weeks now. It's beautiful outside right now, but I'm not fooled, I know it won't last.

My garden has begun to produce some vegetables...

I've harvested about two cups of green beans so far.



I've gotten two cucumbers from my plants so far. I have 10 more growing right now. These were skinnier than the ones I find in the store, but they were delicious!



We got up early yesterday morning to go fishing on beautiful, Mattawoman Creek.



But alas, we forgot to check with the boat to see if IT wanted to go fishing. IT didn't. We had a dead, 1 year old battery on board...here is Bill trolling the boat back to the trailer...which involves dragging it half-way up the trailer. Glad I have a strong man!



I made a crab quiche for dinner. I saw the recipe on Mrs.T's blog, but didn't really have the ingredients to make it, so I made my standard quiche:

4 eggs, 2 cups milk (or half-n-half), 3/4 cup of flour, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, mix well. Add 2 cups of various cheeses, whatever veggies or meats you want into the pie crust, pour the liquid on top evenly, and bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.



It was really good. I added hollandaise sauce, per her recipe, and it added a nice, flavorful touch.



Have a wonderful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment