Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Last Week At My House....

It has been a while since I've posted because we have been out of town. We took 9 days and went to Myrtle Beach, S.C. for a vacation.

I was hard pressed to get a nice picture this time. It was sort of like vacationing during a desert storm. With the exception of two days, the winds were relentless. That's not to say we didn't have a great time...but we've definitely had better beach weather.



We had the reluctant travel trailer going home with us this time. If an inanimate object could express it's feelings, I'd need therapy for how this big rolling turd feels about me.

The U.S. debt ceiling will be 50 trillion dollars before this trailer lets me have a relaxing vacation.



On the garden front:

My squash plants have actually grown!



It's July and I've actually grown and honest to goodness squash! I was pretty proud of it till Julie, (a.k.a. human knitting machine), gave me all the squash I could carry from her garden because it's bounty was too much for her to handle...



I can hardly believe the wall of cucumber plants I have grown on the deck. I harvest four or more cucumbers a day. Too bad I am the only one who likes them in this house. I've never eaten so many cucumbers a day in my life. I wish I liked pickles...




This cucumber grew curled up in it's own little hammock. Now that is summertime!



I harvested all of my onions. Considering this came from 4 square foot plots, I'd say it's a pretty hefty yield.



I sliced, quartered, halved, and chopped these onions and put them in quart-sized freezer bags. I ended up with 8 quarts. They have a sweet flavor, not bitter at all.



I found one little habanero pepper for Bill...




Have a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment