Monday, December 6, 2010

Busch Gardens Christmas Town......

We went to Busch Gardens Christmas Town extravaganza. And extravagant it was! It even began to snow while we were there, and it literally "Poured snow" for most of our visit. I'm not sure if Mother Nature, or Busch Gardens was responsible for that. I've never been to Busch Gardens before, but it's set up in different sections, named after countries like, "Germany," France," "England," etc. I don't know how many there are, but I'm sure we didn't see them all.

These snowflake lights were hanging overhead and there were thousands of them throughout the park.



Every "Country" was lit up like a Hollywood movie set.



This was a ballet production that was performed in an outdoor theatre in "Italy." The singers and dancers were spectacular.



Here was the giant "Tannenbaum" of "Germany." This giant evergreen performed a musical lightshow every half-hour with the surrounding trees in sync with each other.



There was also a live choir that sang in between shows.




Inside the main hall in "Germany" was a spectacular show featuring singers, dancers, and a live orchestra. This girl sang "Santa Baby" and was one of Bill's favorite performers.



The light bedecked train pulling into the station.




This pic was from inside the train we took to the "Flight of Lights." There were so many lights and decorations set up along the way.



I wish I had a better camera to capture all the lights and decorations. These pics just don't do it justice.



From the "Flight of Lights" which is a sky tram, we toured the park. Not only was it beautiful, snowing, and freezing, I couldn't believe that Bill, who hates heights, was up there with me. Here we were over the "North Pole."



So many beautiful lights and sights.......




Who else would you find at the North Pole but the jolly ol' elf himself.




What's Christmas without real life carollers.......



Have you ever seen a tree with so many lights on it???? Many of the trees and bushes looked like this, covered in lights of red, gold, blue, and clear.



This was by far the most commercial display of Christmas Cheer I've ever seen in real life. While it was great fun, it was not my "Cup of Tea." I'm no purist, but I think there is something to be said for simplicity. This was more like Snoopy's doghouse all decked out for the holidays instead of the real meaning of the season.

Tomorrow, I'll show our trip to Colonial Williamsburg.

No comments:

Post a Comment