Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sometimes You Just Have To Fry Some Chicken...

Well, this has been a week of crazy!! First our weather has been nuts. Cold, warm, sunny, rainy, we've had it all. Then it's the news; An El Salvadoran Diplomat wants Charlie Sheen to apologize for his remark that "He'd rather sell shoes in El Salvador, than fight his ex-wife for custody of the kids." Really? Does anyone even care what Charlie Sheen says? Can you seriously take an out of work actor, strung out on drugs and alcohol, seriously?

Then there is the teen who did a 220 foot leap off the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, apparently on a dare from other classmates while on a field trip. Miraculously, the teen will live to see another field trip. Hopefully he will also learn Not to bow to peer pressure, even if someone triple dog dares you.

Then there is the middle age woman, who feeling down that her week of weighing and measuring her food portions, and doing a total of 20 miles in her walk/jog regimen, only resulted in a .4lb weight loss. She decides that fried chicken will help...



If you have never tried House of Autry Chicken Breader, then you are missing some good chicken!! It is the perfect seasoning. I read that the oldest living woman, who will be 115 years old in August, requested fried chicken for lunch. It can't be that bad for you if she is eating it...unless she waited till she was 114 years old to eat her chicken fried. Oh well, it was delicious, even if I don't make it to 115 years old.

I had one piece (with the skin, because what would be the point?) a 1/4 cup of Parmesan risotto, and a 1 cup serving of steamed broccoli.



I have a weekly dinner with my friend Marie on Thursday evenings. We've been meeting weekly now for 5 or 6 years. It started out as afternoon coffee, then as her schedule changed, it turned into dinner. I really enjoy them, and it gives Bill and Billy a chance to go out on their father/son night.

Marie and I went to a Mexican restaurant called La Tolteca. Being mindful of my weight loss goals, I ordered their grilled vegetarian platter...



It's enough for three people, and my vegan daughter Susan is not living with me anymore (I used to bring her home half the serving), and that's my excuse for eating all of it in one sitting.

Since Marie may read this, it was also served with a side of refried beans, lettuce, guacamole, and sour cream. It also comes with three, white flour tortillas, which I did not eat. Kudos for me...



I still did my daily long workouts. Losing weight and eating healthy are noble pursuits. But sometimes you just have to fry some chicken! Have a nice weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I know! I miss you being here so I don't have the eat them all...ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you decided NOT to post that pic of me.Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny!!!! The pic looked beautiful, except for my blurry picture taking!!!!

    ReplyDelete