Sunday, February 27, 2011

Start The Week With A Breakfast Casserole

The weekend was busy and went by much too fast. I have a breakfast casserole that I usually make for Christmas morning. But this evening I thought "Why have it just once a year?" It's very easy and makes for a quick and easy, "All in one" hot breakfast on a cold morning.


First fry a half pound of bulk breakfast sausage.



Then cube enough day old bread to layer the bottom of a 9x9 pan.




Sprinkle about a cup or so of shredded cheddar cheese over top of the cubed bread.



Next, you mix together this cast of savory characters. I usually use my blender for this: Mix together: 1 can of evaporated milk, pepper to taste, 1/2 teaspoon of ground mustard, 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder, and 6 eggs.



Pour mixture evenly over bread and shredded cheese.



Sprinkle with cooked sausage. Then cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.



In the morning, preheat oven to 325 degrees and bake, covered, for 45 minutes, or until knife inserted in center, comes out clean.



This is a delicious way to have a hot breakfast on a busy morning! Well, off to work I go...have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe. I could mix this up in the morning and cook it for supper. We like breakfast meals for supper.
    Have a great day!
    Love, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm sure it would be a good dinner too. We love breakfast for dinner also! Just let it set for about 10 minutes before serving. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete