Saturday, October 30, 2010

Anatomy of a Beard

Bill has taken some time off from the larger home improvement projects that need to be done an order to sell our home. After hearing the housing stats for re-sells in our county, we figured, what's the hurry.

However Bill is not one to sit around and do nothing. He spent almost 27 years being a busy cop, and he's spent 7 months being a busy retiree....even if the majority of that time has been spent policing my day.

One day he decided to do something he couldn't do while being a policeman, and I don't mean drink a beer during the day. He decided to grow a beard. I didn't think it was a good idea since his hair only has a little gray at the temples, but his
5 o'clock shadow looks like there is frost on the pumpkin. But some things you just have to find out for yourself.


Here is the beard when it was first coming in. To tell you he grew the whole thing in less than a week would probably be an exaggeration, but he did have a full moustache in the 10th grade.





Okay so here was the beard in all it's glory. You can see I'm already using past tense on the facial hair. While teaching one day, I noticed he looked just like President Ahmadinejad, the leader of Iran. All he needed was a zipped up Peters jacket. Later that week we were down on Solomon's Island, Maryland when I took this pic. He thought it was my picture taking, so he asked me to take another one.




Nope, it wasn't me. He was going for "Professor Rush" and was getting "May Be a Terrorist" or worse "This Man is a Grandfather, for sure."





He decided to shave it off, but since he'd taken a whole week to grow it, he was reluctant to shave it all at once. Here he was trying for a look to go along with the Harley he wants (drools over) one day. I went along with it. Perhaps I'd like to be someone's old lady....perhaps not.




Back on Solomon's Island the following week. All the facial hair is gone. Shaving is once again, a daily activity. Time to start that next home improvement project.

No comments:

Post a Comment