Saturday, February 6, 2010

I'm being picked on by Mother Nature......

I feel like I've been slapped down by Mother Nature. True, I made fun of being snowed-in last weekend, but I didn't realize it was a crime. This weekend I've been REALLY snowed-in. It's no joke this time. Last night I even saw lightening flashing during a period of white-out conditions. I'm being really tried on this "Cabin Fever" thing.

This is the deck outside my kitchen door. I keep thinking that I'm going to look outside, and the whole thing will have collapsed into the yard.




This is part of my front yard. The lampost has mature boxwood bushes around it. They are all completely covered. I already lost one to the December 19th snow. It split down the middle from the weight of the snow.




A pretty pic of a snow covered tree. Notice the snow drift to the left of the pic.




Billy outside to begin the Great American Digout. Or a secret Ninja mission, I forget which....




Here is a visual perspective on how much snow is on the deck. Neela loves to go outside, but couldn't figure out how to get over the wall of snow. How ironic that she is standing on a mat that says "Let It Snow."




Cassidy has been making this face at me. She has also taken to calling me Darlene instead of Grandma. Every once in a while, she just calls me Lady. I've been forgetting her name and calling her Kid. We're both going through a phase, I think.




Looking out towards the yard. The swing is to the right of the pic. The shed is in the distance.



Here is a pic of Cassidy taken last June. She is standing in almost the same space as the pic above. I miss the green trees and grass!





That hump is my car. All that you can see are parts of the sideview mirrors. Bill started to dig it out, but decided to wait till Spring thaw.






Well, I'd better head back inside. There are people waiting for me.....people I've been holed up with for far too long....wait!!!!...what's in my hand????....what does it have to do with cabin fever???? Why do I keep hearing the phrase "HERE'S JOHNNY!" in my head??????

No comments:

Post a Comment