Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Snowy Day...........and Night

I've often wondered what other families do on their snowed in winter weekends. My sister Kelley cooks French gourmet meals, sets beautiful tables, has roaring fires, and then they all play board games and read books together. I thought I'd post a few pics of my family's recent snowed in weekend.

I woke up early on Saturday morning. The snow was beginning to cover the ground and make everything beautiful.



My front yard was becoming a winter wonderland. What fun it would be to be snowed in together with the ones you love.




My son Billy took this opportunity to play his drums......alot. There was no escaping the pounding beats. The natives were becoming restless.




Bill took to his recliner and pulled the blanket over his head. He came out periodically looking for food or drink, but otherwise, this is where he stayed.




Cassidy had a major meltdown and had to go lay down on her bed. She did this often during this snowy weekend away from the world.




Julie was on the couch with Cassidy lying upon her. She was taking a break from knitting thread into lace. That is for another blog though....




It was starting to get dark. Melissa and Tommy saw no reason for almost a foot of snow to alter their Saturday night date night. Melissa always dresses so appropriately for the outdoor weather.



The cats eyes were glowing from within. She was hearing the same voices I was..."Come on out you worthless pup, and take your medicine!"...........





It's now dark outside at the Overlook Hotel.....cabin fever is setting in.......how many people are really inside this place with me??????

1 comment:

  1. That is absolutly the FUNNIEST post I have EVER read. I laughed so hard!!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete