Sunday, June 3, 2012

This Past Week at My House

It has been a busy week at my house this past week. We went to the Shenandoah Valley for a family reunion on my husband's side of the family. For the first time in many years, I had most of my children with me, including Cassidy! (just missing Melissa) This is the second photo this year of my children without a christmas tree in it. Score some bonus points for getting together more often!
Connie Rush's family representing!!! (Connie is Bill's father)
The next day while shopping with Cassidy, she wanted to stop at the Build-a-Bear Store. She knows I'm planning to buy her one for her birthday this autumn. Never trust a face this cute when they say "I know we're not going to buy anything, I just want to look."
In short order, she picked out a doggie, helped push the pedal to stuff it, and even gave it a bath. To hold down the cost, I said "Only the doggie and an outfit, nothing more"...
Then she named it "Darlene" after me. After that, "Darlene the doggie" went bling-bling...
On Memorial Day we took Cassidy to the cemetary where two of her great-grandparents are buried. There was an American flag on every grave. I told her how important it is honor and respect those who are serving and/or have served in our military. So many have given their lives so we can live free. Someday I pray she truly understands that sacrifice.
We took the boat out on June 1st. It was the latest start to the fishing season we've had in years. The last time we went fishing, we had an earthquake that caused the Washington Monument to lose some height. The weather was beautiful...
And the fish were biting!
On the gardening front, everything is doing well, I think. The zucchini plants have taken over the box. They are all showy with their big yellow flowers, but I don't see any evidence of something to eat. Susan told me I can eat the flowers, but I think I'll pass on that.
This box is doing amazing! The cucumbers are climbing higher on the grid everyday. I have a dozen little cucumbers growing larger everyday. The onions are huge, and the cantaloupe vines have reached into the herb container and are trying to choke the rosemary plant to death.
I have already harvested some greenbeans!
Have a wonderful week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment