Tuesday, November 29, 2011

This Past Week At My House....

November certainly has not been a banner month for me to write my blog. I last posted on November 9th, and life never stopped moving till now. Most of the month was wretchedly emotional, as my husband's brother, who was 49 years old, died suddenly on November 10th. He was 49 years old. I'm thankful we serve a God who comforts the grieving and heavy hearted.

Robert at his high school graduation (My husband Bill is on the left).



A few days after the funeral, we went to Myrtle Beach for Thanksgiving. I know that last year when we went, I didn't care for it at all. This year it was exactly what both Bill and I needed.

The weather was gorgeous the entire time we were there. Getting away was the perfect salve for a hurting heart and spirit.





My sister Kelley and her husband and son also joined us there this year. They arrived in their new Class A....



They invited us to join them for a Thanksgiving breakfast in their new RV.



And we invited them to join us for Chinese turkey....



When we got back home, I put up the Christmas tree. I haven't had much motivation to do any further decorating, but I'm sure I'll get there with a little Christmas music and eggnog.

I'm not one who usually searches out memorial objects for my Christmas tree. But I do have a couple of things on my tree that have a symbolic meaning.

The Tin Man on the left has been on my tree for years. He represents my father, who called himself The Tin Man while he was in the hospital waiting for a heart transplant. My husband gave me the golden retriever angel dog the year I lost my beloved Sandy to cancer. Lastly, while cleaning out Robert's place, we found this ornament of Captain Kirk. Robert had been a seasoned Trekkie since childhood, so this will always remind us of him.



It is Grand Illumination in Williamsburg, Virginia, this weekend. I just might be found walking the streets of the old colonial town looking for some Christmas inspiration.....

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment