Monday, September 5, 2011

This Past Week At My House....

This past week was mostly a fun week at my house; I had my birthday!!! I'm a little old to get that excited, but aren't birthdays just fun? I don't really care whose birthday it is, I always enjoy them.

This year, Susan came over and spent the night. It's always nice to see her, as I don't get to visit with her very often once school begins. When I woke up on my birthday, she had prepared a Potato Basil Frittata and Hashed Browns from the cookbook: Barefoot Contessa, Family Style (pages 182 and 188).

I know it looks like a pepperoni pizza in this pic. She put the pepperonis on there for her Dad. Because of his diet, he doesn't eat carbs, so she made half of it without potatoes, and added the pepperoni.



Breakfast was fabulous! I've never had anything disappointing out of that cookbook!



All my girls were together for my birthday!



I worked very hard to clean out all the leaves out of the pool that Hurricane Irene left behind...



Cleaned and open for business!! Too bad the water is sooo cold now! I still brave it when the sun is out!



On Saturday, Bill and I drove down to the Northern Neck of Virginia and visited a few wineries. There were some really pretty ones in the area, and it was a beautiful drive.

Oak Crest Winery.



The fields of General's Ridge Winery. Each grape arbor was individually labelled. It was the most meticulous vineyard I've ever seen.



Almost ready for harvest!



You can rent the Manor House. Wouldn't that be fun for a special weekend!



Last but not least, I found a home for the sweet kitty living in the backyard. I know she looks a little pitiful in the cat carrier, but remember, she was feral for so long, we couldn't even get close to her. Kudos to Billy who exercised such patience with her (yes, it's a her!) and eventually she trusted us. Our own Dr. Doolittle, Susan, is now giving her a loving, forever home.



Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment