Sunday, August 21, 2011

This Past Week At My House....

It wasn't a terribly busy time at my house this past week. I can't exercise because of my partially torn tendons in my left foot. I don't officially have any classes until September. So summer is winding down with a few lazy days left.

However, I did have Cassidy over one day to swim with her mommy. She was so cute!

She was quite proud of her pink bathing suit!



Last update on my garden, unless the sweet potatoes decide to produce anything larger than a finger-sized potato (I peeked). Their vines have overtaken the deck, and I don't think anything will become of them. The green bean plants are all dead, and the cucumbers are gasping for air. But as long as they have life, they might as well flabbergast me:

Here are two cucumbers I picked last week. I wish I had something beside them to show their true size. They were as big as small melons.



They had large seeds, and a very white interior. But they did smell like a cucumber. I declined to taste them.



These were two cucumbers I ate last week. They tasted normal, although they were less than pretty. I picked one that looked like a set of barbells, and one grew into a perfect ring. No pics of those, so I may be pulling your leg...



This past week I made what may be an unhealthy chicken dish, but it sure was good. For some reason, high fat and calories are comforting.

First, take some skinless, boneless, chicken breasts. Lightly salt and pepper them.



Then make a paste from Hellman's Light Mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese, and spread it over the chicken breasts.



Then lightly sprinkle Italian seasoned breadcrumbs over the chicken and lightly press down.



Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, or until done.



This chicken was juicy and delicious! My husband said it was the best chicken he'd had in a while, which actually, wasn't saying much since I've hardly cooked. But I must say, although the recipe doesn't sound all that appetizing, it really was a keeper!



Well I must say this has shaped up to be one of the worst summers of my life. There have been things happening even up and beyond the obvious (death of mom) that have made it so stressful, and seemingly never ending.

However, last night I could smell autumn in the air, and you know that truly, all seasons pass. Both real seasons, and the seasons in your life.

Ecclesiastes 3:1

To everything there is a season,
A time for every purpose under heaven

And then you know, this too shall pass, it's purpose served, and life moves on, taking you with it... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment