Monday, August 15, 2011

Hobble While I Do The Next Thing....

Last week went pretty well. I got up, did chores, did some cooking, and got 85% back into my weekly routine. God is always faithful to help you when you seek Him.

Back in March, I started having pain in my left foot. I've received several injections for the pain, which always did the trick for a month or so. Right before my mother went into the hospital, I was stretching my calf muscle and felt something "pop" in my left heel. The pain was so bad it made me break out in a sweat. From that moment on, my left foot would frequently leave me in agony if I walked too far, and I limped my way around North Carolina.

Since returning home, I've noticed that it felt like the arch of my left foot was touching the ground when I would stand up. Well, apparently it was. I have been walking around with a group of partially torn ligaments in my arch for about 5 weeks.

Now I get to drag my foot around for 2 or 3 weeks in this boot. No small feat, pun intended.....



While in North Carolina, I stayed with my sister Kelley. Her son made several towel sculptures for the bathroom. Very creative Garrett!!!

An elephant....



And a Bulldog!



Last night I made steak for dinner. These were really juicy and flavorful. First drizzle some olive oil in a pan, and add about two tablespoons of butter.



While that is getting hot, rub into your steaks (I had Delmonico), Lemon Pepper Seasoning and Sea Salt. Rub in it really good, and don't be stingy...



When your pan is really hot and the butter is bubbly...



Throw those steaks in the hot pain and sear them on both sides. Then turn the heat down and cook them to your desired doneness (just stopped mooing for me :) )



Delicious!



We were blessed with a beautiful rainbow this evening, and it didn't even rain!



Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment