Sunday, January 23, 2011

Monday, Monday.......

The Mama's and Papa's were popular before my time :).... but I still remember these lyrics:

Monday Monday, so good to me,
Monday Monday, it was all I hoped it would be
Oh Monday morning, Monday morning couldn't guarantee
That Monday evening you would still be here with me

When I think of them now, they actually seem rather depressing. Sort of how I feel on a typical Monday morning. The beginning of the week always represents chores that I never do during the weekend...laundry, vacuuming, grocery shopping...the list is endless. However, it's also the beginning of the work week, and carries the possibility of: What can I accomplish this week?

I would like to start painting my family room this week. It will mean moving all the furniture, stripping off the old "Thomas Kincaid" lighthouse border (totally 1990's) and priming the burgundy paint. Can you tell I havent' paid attention to the family room for a decade??? I'll take pics as I work on it. We have a goal to list the house for sale in March, which we won't make, but perhaps by working hard, we'll hit the April deadline...

My granddaughter, Cassidy, made a surprise visit to me on Sunday, after attending a birthday party for a friend.

She was happy to discover her "lost" sunglasses were found in her toy box at grandma's house...



If one lollipop is good, two is better, and three is best!



I made another recipe from the Loveless Cafe recipe book.



It was the Ham and Egg Casserole. What can say?? It was ugly. I am disappointed so far in this cookbook. Are any of these recipes served at the Cafe? Bill and Billy called it "Hearty" and "Really good" but they were really hungry at the time. If I can't photograph it for fear of causing stomach upset, then I don't consider it a success.

Susan moved out last Saturday to live near Baltimore, MD, to attend post-graduate classes. She was fun to have back home and I miss her. She was an herbivore. If she could cook full-time for me, I'd be an herbivore too. Bill is a carnivore. He's been on the Atkins Diet for three years now. He's lost 60+ pounds and has kept it off. One of his favorite recipes for breakfast are Egg Muffins:

12 eggs
1 pound of sausage (don't drain the grease)
2 tblsp. of sour cream
2 cups of cheddar cheese
Opptional: Black pepper, red pepper flakes, or chopped onions, to taste.

Cook sausage thoroughly. In a separate bowl mix eggs, sour cream, cheese, and optional seasonings.

Combine all ingredients, and pour evenly into 12, well greased muffin tins (he uses stoneware). Place muffin tin on a cookie sheet and cook at 350 degrees, for 30 minutes. Remove promptly, and let cool. Muffins freeze well in an air tight container.

Light and cheesy, right from the oven.



It's hard to believe these egg muffins are part of a weight loss plan. (Just for the record, his cholesterol count is in the excellent range!!!)



On Friday I made a meatball calzone. It was filled with Italian meatballs, ricotta cheese, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and seasonings.

Yummy, hot, Italian goodness!



Have a Happy Monday!!

2 comments: