Friday, February 27, 2009

Life is like a box of chocolates

You never know what you are going to get. Now most everyone knows that that is a line from the movie Forest Gump. But what a true statement it is. Even though I'm no longer a spring chicken, I can still be surprised.

This week I've been pleasantly surprised by my oldest daughter's interest and apparent ability to cook. She is a full-time student and works in D.C., and still she puts on some pretty impressive meals. I haven't really cooked anything newsworthy for three years and I'm a stay at home wife. I should really crack open one of my many cookbooks and try a new recipe. I do believe she is inspiring me.

Today I was surprised and delighted that my third daughter finally got her car on the road after 6 long months of waiting. It's been a long road, that I won't go into here, but the car is finally legal. Also, she got her driver's license and passed the test in a Toyota Tundra that she'd never even driven before. Way to go, girl! It was great to see her happiness over her car tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, yay! I can't wait to come over tomorrow and cook for you and watch a movie. It's been a while.

    ReplyDelete